There are many different things in life that can make you sick, and for the most part, we do our best to avoid them. The problem is, however, when there is something in your own home that is hurting you, especially if you are not aware of it. Radon does exactly that – it is odorless, invisible and can only be detected with specialized equipment, but it is the second leading cause for lung cancer. Only smoking is a worse culprit.

So what can you do to protect yourself? The first step is to get a test done to find out if there is radon gas in your home. If the answer is yes, you should have it remedied as soon as possible. Since radon comes to the surface from below, plugging up cracks and holes in your basement can help, but in many cases, this isn’t enough. It might be necessary for you to have trenches dug underneath and a fan installed that will direct the gas away from your home.

error: Content is protected !!