Do you know how to detect carbon monoxide? Unfortunately, it can’t be seen and lacks odor, and this is part of what makes it dangerous. If you are exposed to carbon monoxide, you will notice dizziness, nausea and shortness of breath fairly quickly, and it can kill you in 5 minutes.

This gas is produced whenever there is combustion and an insufficient oxygen supply. If you have a fireplace or any appliances that use natural gas, there is a chance that you have this gas released into your home.

Usually, the gas is funneled out with the exhaust fumes, but there are times when this doesn’t happen for one reason or another. The best way to protect yourself and your family is to install a CO alarm. This will let you know when there is an elevated amount of carbon monoxide gas in the air. You should have these alarms installed anywhere where you run the risk of creating the gas.

error: Content is protected !!